Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import/online sales business?
For my Life Part 2 project, I'm considering amongst other things, having a trial run of importing and selling stuff.

I'm unsure what yet - I'm thinking consumables; a friend suggested FitBit replacement wrist-straps, as she's on her third already. I could import a couple of thousand from China, and sell them on ebay.

My only concern is that with so many people online now, everyone using ebay, and tons of people sitting at home wondering how to make money, are all the markets flooded?

We hear all the time of people successfully running their own businesses. But the vast majority of startups fail within their first year.

But I've got heaps of storage space in the new house - I could have a corner of the garage for stock. My ebay account has 12yrs of 100% positive feedback on it, so I could just start there and see how it goes. If it looks like it has legs, I could think about branching out into other things and setting up a website.

Any thoughts on this? I need to do a ton of reading and research, but I like the idea. Suggestions for potential products welcome...

Abnormally normal, in a normally abnormal world.
(04-15-2017, 08:51 PM)MattB Wrote: Suggestions for potential products welcome...
How about little mushroom statues?
There's not that mushroom in the garage
Abnormally normal, in a normally abnormal world.