Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where does the butter live?
Question 
Where does the butter live?

In the fridge or in the pantry?  Has to be the pantry for me.  It makes me incredibly angry when people put it in the fridge and it becomes this thick, unspreadable block of bread-tearing yellow mung.  Idiots.  I'm not talking about your soft spread olive oil or margarine by the way.  I'm talking about the real stuff.

Same question for ketchup.  No need for the fridge again for me.
Brick 
PB doesn't need the fridge. 

Ketchup probably should as it's a vegetable base. 

What a thread.
Abnormally normal, in a normally abnormal world.
PB? Of course PB doesn't, that goes without saying. Hence why I didn't say it.
Look at mister money bags with his pantry. Do you have a bidet, too?
(04-05-2017, 01:08 AM)osin Wrote: Look at mister money bags with his pantry. Do you have a bidet, too?

You wash your own arse?  Peasant.
Oh oops. Butter definitely in the fridge. It's dairy. Didn't think there was a debate around the merits of keeping dairy products appropriately cool.
Butter is high fat, low water content though. Also if you have salted butter that's got its own preservative innit. I've left butter in a butter dish out on the counter in peak Australian summer for weeks and it's been fine. All you do by putting it in the fridge is make it harder to spread and cools your toast.
I don't use salted butter, we get enough salt as it is. And removing butter from the fridge for 5mins makes it soft enough to spread.

Matt
(04-05-2017, 04:23 PM)MattB Wrote: IAnd removing butter from the fridge for 5mins makes it soft enough to spread.

Matt

NOT IN YOUR PATHETIC CLIMATE AHAHAHAHA.
1. Did Matt just sign a forum post?
2. I keep mine in the fridge, never really questioned it. My mom would sometimes keep it at room temperature for like a day if she was baking something.
3. My ketchup bottle says to refrigerate after opening, so I do what is says.